12 May 2015

Where Thoughts Emerge






I am the kind of person who appreciates the little things. Given the nature of my personality, I have a high attention to detail, so I notice the minutiae. When I look at something, it is highly detailed, not just a general thing. This is why I have a job that involves paying attention to many things, big and small. So, when I go to places, I appreciate when details matter to others as well. Concord Coffee has the details of a well-designed place that creates well-designed coffee. And while some friends and I joke that we are not cool enough to be in such a coffee shop, it really is a place where anyone can go, especially if you like good coffee. 

I am a frequent visitor because it is a place that gets me out of my own comfortable zone (in my home) and out into the community by way of doing something I really enjoy, reading and writing. It's the perfect kind of place to hang out for a little bit. The atmosphere is conducive to collecting thoughts in my head.

There is another reason I go here. I go because I love coffee. I mean, I might be obsessed with it. I am already sad that this latte I am drinking right now,  made with Verve 1950 espresso and soy milk, will soon be gone. So, I savor each sip.


This is where thoughts emerge from hiding. While no distractions of the home are present, my mind expands to my surroundings, reflecting off of the ambient noises and the general chatter around. The gentle clang of putting the cup back into the saucer is such a pleasant sound. It's the sound of coffee being enjoyed. and I will sit here and write, in this place where thoughts emerge.

No comments:

Post a Comment