26 May 2015

At Home Weekend







When it's a long weekend and everyone is out of town or doing certain out of town fun things and I do not have any plans, I will try my best to use the time wisely and study, but gosh, I need to have fun and reward myself, too. That means I felt no guilt whatsoever in the minor indulgences thus entertained while hanging out in town this weekend.

For example:

- An extra cup of coffee and elevensies (a little meal between breakfast and lunch. Hobbits are great enforcers of this meal.)
- Reading time (and a little more reading time)
- Concord Coffee a few times (drink of choice lately: flat white with soy and the Verve 1950 espresso)
- A tiny, ten minute craft, because banners seem to be my thing.
- Watching the sky changes colours at dusk. The sky is such a beautiful, ever-changing art piece of God's.
- Going to the library, finding two books for $.25 each, getting pizza takeaway from Palace Pizza, since I've been craving it for a month, and reading one of those books in less than a day.

Plus I did all my chores, errands, went to church with the family, had lunch with the family, did a little shopping, lunch, and coffee with Mum, had Emily over for tea, and also studied. Whew. It was kind of a lot to fit into three days. Maybe I should take another day.

While there was nothing crazy going on here, it was kind of nice not to deal with any traffic or travel woes this weekend. I am sure most everyone else who drove somewhere had some delays. Sometimes it is good to be at home and appreciate the time there. Did you stay at home or go somewhere this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment