27 May 2015

Your Gardening Answer






Here is the answer to all your gardening questions. What plant? How much sun? How much water? Visit the local garden store and ask the owner. End of story. It's as simple as that. At least, that is my solution, as I am one who knows very little about gardening and plants.

I do not know what plants will thrive in a certain light. Or which type of plant will do well in the heat of the summer. All I know is that delightful plants and flowers make the day a little bit more charming and cheerful.

I've been meaning to visit said local garden store, The Greenhouse, for a few weeks because I needed a new hanging plant by my door. Coming up my stairs to the landing at my door provide a few places for plants to hang, and one of them died a while ago, and that is certainly not a cheerful sight when coming upstairs. It's a tough location, though, because it is exposed to wind, rain, and heavy doses of sun. So, I described my dilemma  to the owner, and he brought me to this succulent that he was watering at the front of the shop when I pulled in. It enjoys lots of sun, has the cool look of a succulent, and as a bonus, the cheer that I was hoping for. These little yellow flowers open up when the sun comes out each morning, and close each afternoon as the light wanes. It is definitely the perfect, happy hanging plant for my viewing pleasure.

Oh, and while I was there I picked up another little succulent for inside. Because, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment