11 May 2015

Sunset Thoughts







The sun is setting on the weekend and I am filled with thanks, for it was a weekend with family, and a time to celebrate Mum. It was a low-key weekend, which is exactly what Mum wanted. Just time to hang out with us. It included things like sub sandwiches, pizza, games like Sequence and Phase 10, Formula 1 racing, Elliott playing in a little pool, and practicing golf swings in the front yard. 

Just the relaxing kinds of things that do not involve schedules, planning, or even going anywhere. Nothing crazy. No rush. No places to be. No rules. Just family time.

The past couple of years have taught me that the best gift you can give to those you love is time. Time is such a precious thing we all have a limited amount of, and we do have the choice of how we use our daily hours. Outside of work, we are making decisions about how we use time everyday, and setting our own priorities. I find that when family or friends are willing to give me time, my heart is strangely warmed by it. I feel loved. I know that they could be spending those moments with someone else or doing something else. 

I hope you got to hug your mother a little bit extra this weekend. To remind her what an important part she plays in your life, even as you are all grown up. Mothers deserve much more thanks and love than any of us can give. But every little bit adds a smile to her face and a warmth in her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment