28 November 2011

Muddy Monday

Solitary sighs rise
Involuntarily
It is Monday
Truth be told
I don't quite mind the day
It's coming back from holiday

After a lovely time off of work, it is always a little difficult to go back to the usual office atmosphere. When I grow accustomed to sleeping in a little bit, making coffee, and stepping outside to sit and read or write in my journal as the boys work on the cars. When the family is able to enjoy time together in meals and games. I have to leave all that and go back into the cube life of the office.

So today, I am reminded from some words of Tara Leigh Cobble in her new book Orange Jumpsuit:

I had the hope, but I was choosing fear instead. After all, I get to choose what I think about- I can either think about how trustworthy He is or how things feel like they're falling apart. Instead of taking my thoughts captive, it seemed they were taking me captive.
These words are what I need today to remind me to trust in God's plans and directions. To know that even if His plans do not coalesce with my own ideas, if I follow the path God is leading me on, a beautiful harmony of life circumstances will ensue.  

No comments:

Post a Comment