29 September 2011

Autumn


Yesterday I was asked what I like about Autumn, for an article someone was putting together. I said if I listed all the things I like about Autumn, it would be the article. There would be no room for anything else.
This is the time of year when I start to yearn for Autumn to arrive. Sometimes I have to head north to experience it because it takes centuries to reach Florida.

As I stated some of the obvious things, such as the cold air, wearing layers, scarves, mitts, boots, a mug of coffee warming my hands before I drink it, going inside to warm-up, making soup, baking, warm aromas of cinnamon, clove, all-spice, thyme, roasted pumpkin seeds, family gatherings, being outside a lot, going for a run and not melting, the lack of humidity, snuggling with a blanket on the sofa, seeing my breath outside, a fire in the fireplace, taking long walks, driving with the windows down, crisp air, leaves crunching under my feet.....I realized that there isn't anything I could think of about Autumn that I don't like.

And now, I just have to wait.....wait for Autumn to arrive....Unless I head north first.

No comments:

Post a Comment