11 September 2011

God is Always There

Just a few thoughts from my journal dated 9/13/2001 (senior year of High School):

"This is something I will never forget- I will always remember where I was when I found out. I was in 2nd period with my friend Danielle. Accounting class. We had heard rumors of a plane crashing into the World Trade Center tower, but they were rumors and we have no idea of any details. Then the teacher next door came in the room and told us what was going on in New York. I will always remember feeling my heart fall into my feet. I didn't even know what to think- who would ever expect to hear something like this? Suddenly my normal school day and laughs with Danielle became a day of sadness, questions, worry, and crying for others. Since the TV in our class didn't work, we quickly moved to the other classroom we sometimes used. 
Sitting there in front of the TV finding out what happened and seeing the scenes unfold before me made me feel sick. Danielle and I had tears in our eyes. I was scared. Scared about what it meant for our lives...In memory of this tragic day, I suggest turning to Psalm 119. 49-72. It is the country's prayer for strength, hope, and comfort. I say we all need to remember in these sad times that God is faithful and loving to us even when evil is present. God is there. Turn to Him."
God is there, even when evil is present.
God is faithful, even when there seems to be no hope.
God is powerful, even when we seem to have lost it all.
The truth is - God is always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment