17 November 2014

Feeling Thankful for Little Things

I am feeling thankful for chunky sweaters and boots, and the weather in which to wear them. I was made for this kind of weather, so I really look forward to this time of year.
I am feeling thankful for a visit this weekend to my brother and sister-in-law's new house. Even though it was a short visit to Gainesville, it was a delightful, relaxed time with them.
I am feeling thankful for really good coffee, no matter where I am. This was my vanilla latte from Huckleberry in Santa Monica, CA. I am always looking for a good place for coffee everywhere I go.
I am feeling thankful for the short tea break I occasionally take at work. Things are so busy (which is a good thing!) but I do not want to stop because I do not like feeling behind, however when I do stop, it is nice. To sip a cup of tea and maybe write a few words in my journal feels indulgent.
I am feeling thankful for soup. It is the perfect season to try out a lot of different soups now that the chilly air is showing up, and this sausage, kale, tortellini soup that my sister-in-law made while I was visiting this weekend was superb.
I am feeling thankful for any misty, rainy, chilly day. Call me strange, I know, but I really do like days that are misty and chilled, with a greyness filling the sky. Everything seems so much warmer and cheerful when you go inside to warm up and make a cup of tea, Plus, it is the perfect weather in which to make the above mentioned soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment