10 March 2015

Lovely Spring Days






It's a lovely day to make some tea.

I say that everyday.
These past couple of days have been cool to the touch with a sweet scent in the air. It is short-lived, I know, and so I try to drink in the cool days and hold them close.


When the light comes in my home, I am drawn to the natural softness or glow (depending on the time of day). I love natural light, which is why I only have white, sheer curtains in my home. Why would I turn on lights when the sun gives us all we need during the day? Even on cloudy days there is plenty of light in here.

Creating a little brunch (or what Tolkien would have a Hobbit say, "elevensies") is enjoyable when family stops by, especially when using fancy dishes. I use these all the time, except not usually this many at one time. The only bad part is washing them all, but they do look pretty when in a clean pile.

My niece plays my piano with gusto, but with precise gusto, hitting particular keys with her pointer fingers. But always with a bright smile on her face, for she loves music.

The Jacaranda tree (or whatever it is that is blooming pretty purple flowers) across the alley is quite lovely, and catches my eyes every time I step out my door. I only wish it wouldn't rain down all the pollen on my car, but it is Spring and that is what Spring does.

My books are overflowing. I would say I need another bookshelf, but there is no space in my tiny home for another bookshelf. I may just have to start stacking the books in clever spots, or dare I say it, sort through some. eep!

No comments:

Post a Comment