04 March 2015

My Every Need


On my mind lately has been the simple reminder that God meets my every need. No matter what is going on, I am taken care of, and I have nothing to complain about. God knows what I need in my days, and He provides it. Even little things I desire but do not necessarily need. 

God gives me just enough craziness through other people in my life that I am quite content when I can go home and have some wild adventures through my books, though a real adventure is sometimes necessary to shake things up a bit.

But unlike so many fellow Christian brothers and sisters around the globe, I am truly comfortable in life. I don't have to worry about food or shelter or clothing. I am not in danger for being a Christian. While those dangerous areas across the oceans seem a world away, I can keep them in prayer because as I think about them and raise them up to God, I am juxtaposing my life to that, and it reveals so much. I have no reason to ever complain about a rough day. I don't even know what a rough day is, in comparison.

The Lord provides all I need. His grace is sufficient. I don't need anything else, and I am blessed in the life I have been given. I have the time and ability to pursue things that I love. And I am surrounded by people who care for me.

So, I am storing these verses in my memory banks for when I feel like I am having a 'rough' day.


2 Corinthians 12:9

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment