25 March 2015

Primaveral


While it might technically be early Spring, it already feels like Summer here, much to my chagrin. Though the flowering hibiscus tree in my yard is quite lovely. I come down my stairs each morning and glance that way with an appreciative smile. The purple blooms are bright and scattered in the tree. The sun shines bright and hot, and they look as pretty as ever.

But lo! Today the air was lighter. Not being weighed down with humidity, there was a taste of Spring rather than the depth of Summer in the air. It was a pleasant shift and I am satisfied. However, I must confess I am dwelling in this place while dreaming of another.

The promise of multiple months of warmth sounds much more appealing when you still are grabbing your jacket on the way out each day. It is not so appealing when you are already shedding clothes as you step outside. A long Summer would then ensue. Longer than usual.


I am dreaming about a place across the ocean. A place where weather dwells in seasons. Where the moody fog rolls in from the hills just beyond the city. Where the buds of daffodils and almond trees are bursting open and loving the chill that is still clinging to the air.

From one to another. The dream of what is not at the moment able to be touched. But being blessed in the ability to make that crossing every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment