18 March 2015

Study at His Feet


I'm asking God for one thing,
only one thing:
To live with him in his house
my whole life long.
I'll contemplate his beauty,
I'll study at his feet.

That's the only quiet, secure place
in  noisy world,
The perfect getaway,
far from the buzz of traffic.

-Psalm 27.4-6

I thought you might need this reminder. This Psalm. I could sense it.
This week might be good, but busy. It might be full of hardship and stress. You might be feeling behind in everything as the hours fly by too quickly each day.

It might be a day of celebration. It might be a day that has too many things to get done.
No matter what kind of day or week it is, it is the perfect time to rest in the Lord in a quiet place. Quiet in the heart and mind. Restful in His love. 


If you cannot seem to find any peace or rest from the blur that becomes our days, perhaps you need to sit at the Lord's feet and study His ways. Carving out the time won't be easy, you may have to say no to something that seems important, but the best things are worth all the difficulty. And time with the Lord is the best use of our time.

I can sense you need this reminder, because I do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment