02 March 2015

Grey Skies Don't Get Me Down




I know. I get it. Most of you cannot stand the grey, overcast, rainy days again and again. But I don't mind. The grey skies really don't get me down.

Several days as of late have been full of that gloomy, misty kind of dreariness that gets many people sad and weary of it. But I never get that feeling, for some reason. I get the feeling of taking walks and then finding a good spot to become immersed in a good book. I like the soft light and the coolness in the air. Add a cup of tea to that equation and it is a perfectly lovely day. 

But I know I am the odd one of the bunch. Most people need the sunshine to cheer their hearts and warm their skin.


Here was my chance to celebrate the greyness on Saturday. But don't fret, Sunday the skies cleared and it was hot and bright.

But on Saturday, I began my day very early (even earlier than I get up for work) to help during a 5k that my church was holding to raise money for children to go to summer camp. I ran this 5k two years ago, but haven't kept up with my running since then, so I was a simple crossroad guardian for the runners, stopping and letting traffic through as needed. I even wore a bright yellow vest. It was official. It was chilly enough to wear a little jacket and a beanie, and I delighted in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment