26 February 2015

Cold Snap


It is difficult to portray temperature in a photograph, unless you are taking a photo of snow or frost. But in the home? You cannot hear or see my heat running. You cannot feel how cold the floor is. But you can see me, bundled up in grandpa sweaters, layers, and always in my crochet slipper boots. As quickly as this cold (30-40 degrees cold) appears, a few days later it is warm again (70 degree warm, and soon to be warmer). This fluctuation in temperature is kind of silly, I think, but it is the Florida Winter way. 

So, I run my heat, warm my hands by the stove whilst cooking, make countless large mugs of tea, and cover myself with my blanket when sitting. It's the no-central-heat-in-my-home way. I will take this over the heat of our Summers any day, even if my hands are frigid right now. There are always ways to warm up. I think this is all to say:  I am just not ready for our version of Winter to be over. Summer don't come too soon! Once you come, you never seem to go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment