04 February 2015

Saint Louis





In the midst of sleeping in the most comfortable beds, the trip to St. Louis was a corporate event that we have each year in January, to gather everyone from around the country to have some meetings, work on a service project together, and get all dressed up to have a big awards banquet. It was so wonderful to see everyone. The people in my company are some of the nicest people and when I get to spend time with them, it's a blast. I work with a lot of them every single day, but only get to see them twice a year. 

The service project was at a building we acquired in downtown St. Louis for a couple of businesses our foundation is getting involved with building from scratch. This building was built in the 1920s as a car dealership. So, the tall ceilings, columns, and large windows were perfect to showcase the cars for sale. It is a really beautiful space, it just needs so much work. That's what we helped with. I was in a group that went upstairs to paint the walls, ceilings, and columns.  I loved how many of us there were, and all just assisting one another up there while some painted the really difficult spots, like the ceiling. Our CEO was up there scraping the ceiling as much as the other guys were. Christian songs blasted from a radio somewhere. We worked for hours and it looked great when we left.




Oh yes, and then there was a dinner put on by the advisors, who served us and then entertained us with a show hosted brilliantly by my boss, with several stunts that I won't write about (which made me laugh so much my face hurt) and the final dance where a group of advisors danced boy-band style playing the advisors and the operations team apologizing for all the frustrations the advisors give operations. It was highly entertaining, and I had a front row seat.


No comments:

Post a Comment