05 February 2015

Bibliophile


This is me, as happy as can be. With a stack of books in my arms.

Now if only I had the time to read them all.

I read each night until my eyes get so heavy I cannot possibly continue. But these books I am reading are the kind that I have a hard time closing, I sometimes stay up later than I should. I tell myself that a few more pages is okay. That the bookmark is not ready to sit between those pages, yet. 


Every night I light several tea light candles, and I spend some time reading late into the evening before bed. The way I know it is definitely time for bed is when all the tea lights burn out. Right now, only 3 out of the 7 candles have burnt out, so there is still time to write, and read, even though I should go to bed because I got home late tonight, so the candles were not lit as early.


As the evening grows chillier and chillier, I have to grab my extra blanket off my bed to keep warm. But the books that engross me make temperature and time irrelevant. Are you reading anything that is so fantastic that you don't want to close the book and go to bed?

I am already conspiring for my weekend hours to be full of turning pages in my books, for what else will I do while I wash endless loads of laundry? (Okay, other than clean, run errands, cook, see family, etc) (I can blame my recent travel for that, since one cannot do laundry over the weekend when one is away that whole weekend. I surmise that I will most likely come up with any reason to allow more time to read, like a child who wants to stay outside to play longer. Aww mom- can't I play just a little longer?)

No comments:

Post a Comment