23 February 2015

Friend of the Library



I am a friend of the library. The bookstore there is a realm made for me. It is a treasure trove of all topics of books. No matter which town I am in, the library is sometimes the best source for me to find an illustrious bundle of books.

Do you think I found enough books?

This was my most recent visit, at the Selby Library in Sarasota. Ten books. Yes, that is four more than six. It was a good day for me and my library at home (actually, a few of those books are gifts). And I must point out that my mum was the successful finder of at least four of these books.

You see, when I am in a bookstore, I approach the classic section (of old editions) and move slowly across the shelves. I look and observe; my eyes perusing each title along each shelf, from top to bottom, so it sometimes takes me awhile to finish that section and move to poetry, fiction, travel, and children's. I pull a book out, flip through it, put it back.

Mum on the other hand is more like a bee, buzzing from one section to the next, darting to and fro. She will suddenly show up with a book in her hand for me and be off again. A fabulous find. An old A.A. Milne book that I have never found before, from 1925. And then another. Oh a delightful book on the Brontë
 sisters. Perfect.

It will usually come out to mum finding a book or two, and me with an armful of books. Did I mention that it supports the library? And that on this day, every book was half off? I told you, it was a good book day.

No comments:

Post a Comment