24 February 2015

Tulips Come But Once a Year



Tulips come but once a year, and whilst here, they should be in every room. Since they are my favourite flower, on my recent grocery visit I bought ten stems of pink tulips. Now each room does have tulips and I can gaze at them wherever I may be. 

I admire how tulips are clean and graceful, and are not cluttered with lots of distracting leaves stems. With single stems, always are they tall and lovely. A simple beauty reaching toward the light, bending gracefully. A tulip reminds me of a ballerina, strong and balanced, always looking classy and on tiptoe. 


I only get to enjoy tulips in real life these few months (January- March) because they like the cold weather. One cannot grow tulips in our tropical climate, which means I rarely get to see these blooms in nature. Though they are not the cheapest indulgence, there is something so charming and lovely about having fresh flowers on the table, no matter the flower, really. But, tulips are my favourite to have in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment