10 February 2015

Rain, Cold, Comfort


I wait for the rain to stop. But it doesn't.
It drizzles on and on into the evening, as it grows colder. The dampness chills me and a blanket and fleece sweater warm me up to be a contented comfortable.

I do not mind that the rain hasn't stopped. I feel no hostility toward the rain. I rather like it.

Puddles splashed under my feet as I tried to step purposefully from my car to my stairs. The sounds of drips and drops hitting objects around the yard made it to be a cacophony, chaotic at best, or was it? On second listen, it could be a quiet soothing soundtrack of repeated noises and sounds that stay to the background, never commanding all attention. That soundtrack made me feel drowsy a bit later. 


When I sat with my legs curled under a blanket and book in my hand, peppermint tea all consumed, I grew very tired. 
My eyes tried to shut as I read.
No. Just a few more pages. Eyes, stay open.
My yawns came more frequently.
No. Just a few more pages. Wake up.

Those few pages are done. Bookmark resting at the start of a new chapter. Head is about to rest on a pillow. 
 It is the best thing to go to bed tired. 
A good night's sleep is in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment