10 August 2015

Nothing is Common


"I have come," said a deep voice behind them. They turned and saw the Lion himself, so bright and real and strong that everything else began at once to look pale and shadowy compared with him.
- The Silver Chair, C.S. Lewis


It's all about You
Highest of all.

I am not certain about many things, but one thing I am sure of is my wonder amidst God's simplest beauties. A ray of light. A shadow cast. The sweetest strawberries. A genuine smile. Fresh flowers. The scent of tea. 

I know that there is something in these things which catches my heart and causes it to pause and relish in it. It is not because of anything particular to a person, but rather to all people. 

The light reminds me to be hopeful. The shadow is the darker time we must go through. Sweet fruit reminds me of the sweetness of life; the precious moments to be savored. The smile is the love of God shining outwardly and sharing that joy with others. The flower is the grace we don't deserve. And the tea is our daily provision of community. We are taken care of and warmed by the presence of others.

Behind each seemingly mundane thing is the evidence of God and His goodness, for, as the Creator, we would have none it without Him. We cannot share in the joy of something that isn't there. Each thing is about God, or it should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment