20 September 2016

Propagating Imaginative Views - 4 of 4


mooreeffoc - a semordnilap word, seen from the other side of a glass door upon entering the "coffee room". (It is coffee room spelled backwards) Dickens noticed it on a dark day in London. Chesterton then used this word to describe how strangely the dull and ordinary can be seen at a different angle.

I look at the world with thoughts always walking around. If something catches on a thought, I can grab onto it, but they keep on walking. Imaginatively, I try to capture a scene in my mind, and on my camera, to remind me of the musing I collected in thought or on paper. I behold images as ways to inspire writings and further musings. I think I am inspired in two ways. I can read all day, and feel inspired by the author's words. Or, I can see a photo or be in the presence of a scene that engages me, and suddenly, a whole idea bursts from that scene and the words flow out into pages in my journal.

The beauty of life is how we all see things and read books a little bit differently because we are uniquely attuned to certain things. We can look at the same morning with different perspectives, but we can be moving toward the same goodness.  

Pooh and Piglet walked home thoughtfully together in the golden evening, and for a long time they were silent.
"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting to-day?" said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully.
"It's the same thing," he said.
- A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment