05 October 2011

More, Not Less


I will be heading to Savannah this weekend to spend time with my good friend Jen, and I took  this photo in a little bookstore downtown, kind of out of the main busy-ness of the little shops and restaurants. We stumbled upon this bookstore a few years ago when I was visiting. I wandered around the store for awhile while Jen and her husband Jake found a book that interested them, and they sat on the dark red antique sofa relaxing. Through a doorway, this scene emerged. I loved how this staircase was being used and it reminded me of my own philosophy that there is never a reason to stop learning, reading, growing....

When it comes to books and learning, I am a huge advocate for "more, not less".  There is no end to the knowledge we can gain. It's astonishing to me- how God created so much depth and intricacy to the world we live in, that we will slowly continue to acquire knowledge about it, but never fully understand. It's just a tiny taste of God's greatness. Scientific discoveries that are yet to be made. New plants to be discovered. More planets and stars to see from our more powerful telescopes. We should never be bored with all that is out there, waiting to be read about by you. Or waiting to be discovered by you.

It's like being out at sea in a tiny boat. All you know is in that boat, but all the wisdom, knowledge, and information extend above, below, and surrounding your boat. Oh, the depth, the width, and the height of God's wisdom. How amazing is our God? Indeed, He is great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment