30 December 2011

Daring

Thoughts linger on a cold evening
Tucked under and blanket so warm
Safe they may be, but daring
They are as I cease to dream
Small scale.

With God all things are possible
But not all desires come to pass
Yet in faith I will ask
That which God is able to do
In love.

Yield, or give way, to the presupposition we should not take for granted, that all things are possible with God. It may not be possible for us to accomplish our dreams (likely not) but there are no bounds for our Creator, who is not restricted by time, place, or situation, as we are. 

Jesus said, in Matthew 19.26, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." So, I can't dream small scale because I believe these dreams I have are a derivative of the passions and gifts that God has given to me. They are meant to be used for a purpose, and God includes all that in His plans. And if it is His will, thy will be done.

Anything not done in submission to God, anything not done to the glory of God, is doomed to failure, frailty, and futility. This is the unholy trinity we humans fear most. -Carolyn Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment