05 December 2011

Whatever You Ask

Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. -John 14.13-14

More. Don't we always want more?

And yet I know that I always have enough in God. While I want more in life I know that in God I have all that I need. Never am I left wanting for food, clothing, shelter, love of family...

Jesus says in the verses above that He wants to give us what we want. If we ask in His name, and if the purpose is to glorify God, we should ask and Jesus says He will do it.

I admit, my prayers are lacking in the asking arena. Yes, God knows my heart and my desires, by He wants me to take that step of faith to ask for that which I want. Asking and seeking God opens our eyes and hearts to what He is showing us in all our days. When we see a prayer answered (whether it be a "yes" or a "no"), our hearts leap with a profound knowledge that it came from God, and our thanks is aimed in the right direction. Up to God.

This is how we stay connected with God each day. Reading the Word, praying, & opening our eyes, ears, and hearts to what God is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment