13 December 2011

European Tour of Maine

This pile of snow was in Norway
Checking out the train at the South Paris station
The apple orchard in Sweden

Bookstore in Oxford

When I travel, I like to find cool places or historic sights in the place I am traveling to. I like to learn a little about the area and have a few ideas of what to do. One of my fun little excursion ideas was to visit all the towns that were named after a European city or country. In addition to Norway, Sweden, and Paris, we also took a tour of Oxford and Poland, but we missed a few others (Denmark, Dresden). And by taking a tour, I mean driving through the town and seeing their tiny community and the views they have of the mountains nearby. I did spend a few hours in an Oxford bookstore called the Maine Bookhouse. It was pretty amazing. I kept finding books that I had never seen before. It was one of those places that surprised me. Being in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, I wasn't expecting the variety of old books that I fall for. I ended up with a stack of books, which presented a problem. How would I carry all those books on the plane? I only had a small suitcase. The owner was so kind and was happy to ship them to me for free! Such awesome people in Maine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment