15 December 2011

Best Light

The earth expanding right hand and left hand,
The picture alive, every part in its best light...
-Walt Whitman


I took a walk around the fields behind my friends' house to check out the centuries-old rock walls that separate fields when they used to be working farms. It was cold, about 32 degrees, and I would come across patches of frozen water that captured leaves in a freeze. But it was a sunshiny bright day, so no chance of snow. Blast.

There is such a beautiful, serene quiet out there. Just you, nature, and the rustling of all the leaves my boots shuffle through. Tall shadows were already formed as the sun lowered in the sky, even though it was only 2 PM. The days are short, here. By 4 PM the sun is setting. So when the day is bright, get outside!

I liked the way the light was starting to glow. The shades of colors were golden, which shouts Autumn. The snow hasn't arrived, yet, and we all hoped for it this week. The only disappointment of the trip, and yet, the beauty of golden colors did not escape me. Plus, I can just take another trip up there....

No comments:

Post a Comment