17 December 2011

Give

Give, and it will be given to you.
Good measure, pressed down,
Shaken together, running over,
will be put into your lap. For
with the measure you use it will
be measured back to you.
-Luke 6.38

This is the season of giving, but why isn't every season a season of giving? It is more difficult to put other people in front of yourself, yet we, as Christians, are supposed to do so in all situations. Jesus commands us to firstly, love the Lord with all our heart, soul, and strength.
And secondly, to love our neighbor as ourselves. 
(Luke 10.25-27)

What a struggle this is for us. Every single day. Did I love my neighbor when a guy passing me on the sidewalk asked me for $2? I am not sure if he was homeless, but why did I not oblige? It is not my place to say what he will use the money for. Why am I not seeing God in every situation?

Who knows what goodness will blossom out of my saying "yes Lord", and letting Him take care of all the details? But it starts by taking the opportunities to do good that are thrown in our path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment