26 March 2012

More Fun with Photography

Whiteside Mountain, North Carolina. After a hike, we are rewarded with this view. The thing I love about this photograph is how we are above many clouds (at about 5,000 feet) and above other mountains, so you can see the shadows the clouds are casting on the mountains. The perspective makes you stare in wonder when you are up there.

Christ Church College, Oxford. It's like we stepped back in time in Oxford. The traditional post of the porter wearing the bowler hat was keeping watch of the doors. This is taken just inside the entry to the Chapel, looking back outside at the main quad of Christ Church College.

Ahhh lavender, you smell so nice. These are some twigs of dried lavender I bought in Old Town Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Not only do I love lavender as a scent or a little display on my nightstand, but have you ever had lavender short bread? Or lavender pound cake? It has got to be my absolute favourite.

Those big eyes and Liliana's early fondness of books makes this such a cute shot, especially with her mama smiling down at her. The angle is what I love; down at Liliana's level. Oh, this photograph makes me smile, and miss my good friend, Jen and baby Liliana.

No comments:

Post a Comment