06 September 2012

Teach me Your paths

Wandering on the Isle of Skye, Scotland

Make me know your ways, O Lord;
teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all the day long.

Psalm 25.4-5


I don't deserve God's love, but He gives it freely. When I stop to think about how I really do not deserve this to happen, it quickly brings about a sudden appreciation of every little thing. My whole perspective changes.

When I am stuck in an attitude that I deserve a certain something, everything becomes an expectation, which only leads to disappointment. It is so interesting how quickly we all build up certain expectations about the people in our lives, or a work situation, or your plans for the day. We wake up and almost automatically begin to piece together our expectations for the day. Upon pondering inwardly, I find that when I am most frustrated, I have the most expectations set. My own expectations. Meaning, perhaps, that I am trying to retain control (that I never had) which is something not in line with God's plans for me.

Quiet time and Bible reading. That's the best way for me to combat this rush of thoughts. When I set my mind on the Word of God first thing in the morning, my day goes a lot better. And that is simply because I chose to give God several minutes in the morning to speak to me through His Word. So this is what I am trying to do more of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment