05 September 2012

Goodbye Summer!

August is long gone now. Good bye Summer! September tends to prompt the Autumn season for me. Perhaps because it is when, in some places around the country, the weather begins to cool down. I hear rumors from afar that there is such a thing as 60 degrees (dare I say 50 degrees?), and I start to dream about when that temperature will get here, all the way south.

I don't think Summer gets the memo in Florida that September means it's time to transition to the Autumn season. Lately, though, this Florida sky has been pretty dreamy. It's trying to trick me into thinking I like this season. Dang, pretty sky. You make me appreciate God's beautiful creation, even in the heat that I do not enjoy. So, in my continued effort to appreciate everything that I am given, I am cultivating this attitude of sky-appreciation.

Perhaps I can hope that a wisp of cool air might become misplaced for a moment, maybe get lost in the sky highway and take the wrong exit down to Florida. One can hope, I say. I am one and I know a few others who hope with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment