10 September 2012

Prayerful/ Mindful

Goal for the week:

Be more prayerful
and in my prayers, more focused

Be more mindful
and in my mind be more thankful and appreciative


I feel so foolish for not always being cheerful and glad in my daily activities. Sure some days are dull or are full of things that try to bring me down. But I have the choice as to how I react to each thing that comes along. Specifically the stressful office. I keep reminding myself to bring my true self to the office each day, and take the opportunities God presents to me to shine a light for Him.

I am reading the book of Daniel now, and Daniel is such a good reminder, story after story, to stay strong in faith and don't give up or give in. Even when you are in an environment not conducive to your beliefs. Even when you are asked to do things that do not go along with your faith. With integrity and respect, Daniel consistently remained faithful to God while not upsetting the Babylonians who held him captive. More on those amazing stories in a future post. But if you haven't read Daniel, be sure to bookmark that short book to read.

What shall I render to the Lord for all his benefits to me?
Psalm 116.12

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment