28 November 2012

Psalm 16

Read all of Psalm 16

The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
you hold my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant place;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.

-Psalm 16.5-6


In the midst of the stress, uncertainty, and worry that swirls around me, I realize how it could all easily take a hold of me. I am slowly learning to let God take all that I have, and all that I am, and mold me. What ever I am made to do I am ready to do for the glory of God.

As Psalm 23 says, I am in want of nothing. Really, I don't need anything because Jesus is in my heart, and He has given me all that I need. I have nothing to worry about. Nothing to fear.

"The Lord is my chosen portion" means that we all have the choice to believe in God and let Him into our hearts. We are not forced to love Him. God gives us the free will and with that we could reject Him. He knows that if the loved were forced it wouldn't be real. That means that love freely given is the most precious. C.S. Lewis explains it best:

God has made it a rule for Himself that He won't alter people's character by force. He can and will alter then, but only if the people will let Him. In that way, He has really and truly limited His power. Sometimes we wonder why He has done so, or even wish that He hadn't. But apparently He thinks it worth doing. He would rather have a world of free beings, with all its risks, than a world of people who did right like machines because they couldn't do anything else. - C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment