15 November 2012

Hot Drinks and Red Cups

This is the season for hot drinks. Nothing is better than to come into a coffee shop or your home and have the scent of brewed coffee greeting you from the chill. In the summer I just do not crave hot drinks because it is so hot outside. Though, I still make tea and coffee because I prefer them hot (and I cannot resist them). Don't you? Or do you like iced tea and iced coffee?

As a side note: For all of you who go crazy for the pumpkin spice latte, I urge you to veer from the norm and try the gingerbread latte. I must say, I think it is better than the pumpkin spice.
Venture out there, next time you order a coffee at Starbucks, you won't regret it.

The red cups are back for the holidays, if you haven't noticed, and when I see one I am automatically transported, in my mind, to a place of snow and icicles. Somehow a little red cup can do that. A place where a cup of coffee in your hands warms them as you stroll down the sidewalk looking at store windows adorned with twinkling lights and holiday decor. Where you can see your breath as you walk outside and a scarf is wrapped around your neck. Only in my dreams is there some snow, since it's been nine years since I have been in snow. That is too long! I didn't think about how long it's been until I sat down to write this. Oh my. I must do something about that pronto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment