08 November 2012

This Day

My legs wrapped in a blanket
Coffee right by my side
On a chilly day with the sun
Having no place to hide

I hear birds chirp as they fly
I smell coffee with cream
The air is still, the world is silent
As if I'd stumbled into a dream

Flannel shirt and jeans today
Making soup at noon
This is the day the Lord has made
Each moment the fairest bloom

I finished my crochet project of this lap blanket! It was a test to see if I was able to handle the chevron pattern, and I am glad to say it turned out very nice. I love how the chevron zig-zag looks in the blanket. So, it is now the perfect accompaniment to a chilly day (or night) as I read on the sofa. I have been drinking coffee and tea and making lots of soup as I am glad to say the chilly air has reached Florida again. Okay, by chilly, I mean it's not 80 degrees. I will gladly take 70 degrees as a high temperature!
This week, I am focusing on cherishing each moment of the day. Taking a conscious look at the good, and living in that moment. Once it passes, it's history. This day is a gift. Cherish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment