28 April 2015

Letting Goodness Soak In









I know I have been sharing endlessly of my love for Oxford. I could write a book about how much I love Oxford. I have filled your screens with images and words that wax on and on about it. 

But being home is also sweet, and I do not want to take that for granted. As much as I do enjoy the travel and seeing places that are different from what I see each day, my life here, my job, my family, quiet weekends at home, being here among the familiar, is full of good things, and has potential to sprout more goodness.


I am learning that sometimes the grass is greenest right under my very feet.

The grass is green. The earth is hued. The sky is blue, and then the rains come and soak it all through. And when the sun shines again, it is vibrant.


Like the soil aching for rain, I am soaking it in. God's love, soak in. His grace that falls on me daily, soak in.

Summer is here. While I am not one who is excited about this hot weather, I do try to see the good things that are present in each season. Just as in life, we go through different seasons. We go through tough times and trials. We go through joyous times. We go through times of loss. We have to work on our hearts, and pray that God will help us. There are always things to learn. So here I am. Ready to learn and grow, like the jasmine in my yard that has intertwined on something stable and reaches out to stretch itself, and smells so delightful along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment