12 April 2011

Here's To Hindsight

Here's to hindsight. I borrow the phrase from one of my favorite books, written by a Christian music singer/songwriter, Tara Leigh Cobble. Reading her book is like reading my own journal. The thoughts, struggles, and dreams sound so similar to my own.

I was just thinking this morning how I graduated from college 5 years ago this month. If I had known 5 years ago what I know today, I probably would have made some different, more daring choices back then. However, there would have been people I might not have met. I believe God places certain people in our lives for a reason: to help make us realize our potential and our passions. To challenge us with different ways of thinking or new adventures you never would have gone on before. To learn about things you knew nothing about. And these people become blessings to your life.

I am glad my last 5 years or so have played out just as they have. I am so deeply thankful for those people who have come into my life during this time and those who I have grown closer to. These past 5 years have been the toughest in my life, but also full of joy, so it makes me all the more grateful for those people who care for me and hold a particular piece of my heart. Thank you for being in my life.


I love this passage from Paul's letter to Philemon. This is what I would want to write to these people in my life. After the opening greetings, Paul writes:
Brother Philemon, every time I pray, I mention you and give thanks to my God. For I hear of your love for all of God's people and the faith you have in the Lord Jesus. My prayer is that our fellowship with you as believers will bring about a deeper understanding of every blessing which we have in our life in union with Christ. Your love, dear brother, has brought me great joy and much encouragement! You have cheered the hearts of all of God's people. -Philemon 4-7

1 comment:

  1. Kacie, this is how I feel about you. :) You've had a significant impact on my life in college and since. Jake and I were just talking on our walk yesterday about how you have this awesome gift of encouragement and how much that has meant to me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete