02 April 2011

Tiny Corner of Peace

This morning smells like the coffee I brewed, pages from my book, and fresh air. Occasionally, the cool breeze brings a subtle scent of sweet flowers. Just for a moment I inhale slowly to capture the memory of the smell. Lovely. I am so glad my apartment faces the grass, the wilderness, and then a golf course in the distance. The peacefulness is much appreciated on a day like this- where the world seems frozen in a perpetual painting of blue sky, green grass, and bright sun. After a wild week of rain and storms, I imagine everyone has rushed outside. Many sunburns will emerge as overzealous people forget that the sun is very strong. But days lacking in sun makes Floridians nostalgic for it. I am content in the shade. My pale skin thanks me.

My little corner is a tiny spot, and yet nature and peacefulness abounds. But you have to stop and listen. Take deep breaths. Pay attention. Take notice of the little things. Otherwise it gets lost as just another day.

Let Your face smile on us, Lord. Psalm 4.6

No comments:

Post a Comment