11 April 2011

Joy in Words

Collection of thoughts
Words from the mind
Pages full of stories
That stand the test of time

Wisdom and love
Many times being told
Passages create and inspire
Both the young and the old

Joy in words
An emotional outlet here
Bound in a lovely book
Journaling can draw one near

I found this poem written in a journal entry of mine dated 11/5/2006.
I have always been amazed how writing things down somehow cements thoughts, memories, ideas, scenes, conversations, etc... in my mind. That must be why, while studying in college, I would write out formulas, charts, calculations, and definitions. I found that I couldn't just look over the book and my notes. I needed to write it all out several times so it would stick in my memory.

Words float around like clouds inside my head until I am able to sit and put those clouds together into a formed thought, then some writings. It's a part of my daily required activities. Like brushing my teeth. Something I simply must do.

The world is but a canvas to our imagination. -Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment