19 July 2011

A Brain on Vacation

One day last week I stepped out of my office building on Main Street to take my lunch break. I saw a lady approach her nice black BMW 5-Series, parallel parked outside my building. She tried to get into her car, but suddenly she looked ahead 2 cars and saw that she picked the wrong car. That wasn't her car! Her car was a deep blue 525. She looked flustered and she hurriedly scrambled to get to her car, hoping nobody noticed. It made me chuckle as I slowly walked along the sidewalk. Thanks to that lady with the BMW for a good laugh, and the reassurance that I may not be the only one with their brain on vacation.

Since May, I have had a trip just about every two weeks. I'd be at work no more than two weeks and go on another trip. Savannah, England, Savannah and North Carolina, North Carolina. I have been on the go and traveling so much that I feel out of place being in one spot now.

Needless to say, my brain has taken a vacation and it's expecting another trip. Being confined in an office all day is agonizing. My brain still tries to escape to Oxford with its architecture (dreaming spires) and bookstores or North Carolina with the fresh air and hiking up mountains...

Life is not all play and no work, this I know. But do you ever feel like this? Where it feels strange to be in one place after being here and there for awhile? I feel like I should be getting ready for my next trip. So, where should that be?
Hmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment