28 July 2011

Power of God

I had a bad dream last night. It kind of felt like a cheap horror movie that plays on your fears. But it's interesting because in my dream I knew I was only in a dream, and I was scared but somehow I knew it wasn't real, so I acted without a second thought and jumped into a fearful thing because I had to. At least I thought I had to.

In reality we all tend to hesitate, over think, and build-up a situation imagining the worst. We find things to worry about, whether it is related to work, decisions, life, relationships, &c. We hold onto these internal struggles that stick like glue but that get locked away inside, rationalizing that no one else can help and we have to take care of it ourselves. How deceived we are!

Yes, we are weak, and we can not handle our trials and fears by our own strength. In my dream last night, I trusted that I would be taken care of in my scary situation. Where is that trust in everyday life? Do you find it hard to trust that God is going to take care of you? Thank goodness we have a Heavenly Father whose power overshadows any fear you could possibly encounter. Any weakness you have is so minuscule when handed over to God.

How prideful of us to think we can handle life without God!
Here's hoping that my dreams are more pleasant tonight. But this bad dream raised a musing to my thoughts, and out of it, a reminder of the need for God's strength in every fear I may have.

He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you. For he was crucified in weakness, but lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but in dealing with you we will live with him by the power of God. -2 Corinthians 13.3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment