14 December 2012

Soak in the Light

 
Light dawns in the darkness for the upright;
He is gracious, merciful, and righteous.
Psalm 112.4


I am thankful. The Lord has provided all I need, down to the little tiny things, like this cup of coffee right in front of me. I love sitting in a coffee shop. So much might be going on around me but somehow I feel like I have my space. I sit here at this gleaming wooden table with my journal, scribbling away my thoughts, now translated to you in this post.

The conversations around me are muffled by the carpet, so I can hear my thoughts. The lighting is comfortable and the windows allow sunshine to provide a glow. The majority of people are here for coffee and working on laptops. By the time I leave, it is very quiet, since it's the afternoon now. College students? Career person on a break? I like guessing about what people are up to.

I am sitting at a table for two. The lamp above is casting a glow on my page. My coffee is delicious. My favourite in this city. Mixed with a little half n half and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Perfect.

This little escape is exactly what I need. A light in my day.
A little bit of light can go a long way.

So I soak in the light. The good.
And I let Jesus fill me. I am His.

No comments:

Post a Comment