19 December 2012

Every Piece

If you are not firm in faith
you will not be firm at all.
Isaiah 7.9


This week hasn't been so bad, even though it is one of those crazy busy weeks where you don't know if you are coming or going. Considering the hectic and stressful atmosphere at work (and the fact that yesterday management suddenly decided to have our entire department move up to the third floor, which means we had to move all our own computers and everything upstairs, and then set them back up! It was crazy.), I am pretty easily letting all of that slide off of me, like a piece of silk brushing off my skin. There are more important matters at hand. Truthfully, it's not all that surprising because I have been slowly learning to acknowledge God in many more little moments I normally would not think of. These are things for which I would naturally have the attitude "I can handle this". I deceive myself when I have this attitude.

By acknowledging God in every little thing though, I am making the choice to seek Him instead of relying on me and my emotion of that moment. God tells us to cast our burdens on Him, and He means it.  I find when I do this, my mind becomes clear of worry and my writing flows out of me with no footnotes of burdens.

Every piece of my life.
Even the smallest things.
Give it to God.

That's what I have been working on.
It is almost harder to give away the things that I think I can take care of on my own. But I am learning that my strength and wisdom is never as good as God's. It's not consistent, and I fail. So, the lesson I am learning is to lean hard into God, and not on my own understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment