31 December 2012

Cold Weather Bliss

Cold weather, to me as a Floridian, is anything below 60 degrees. It gets to be colder on singular days here, even dipping into the 40s or the upper 30s (sometimes it happens!).

But it is a day here and a day there. It sticks around about as long as snow would. A split second. Then there are a few days of warming up. So when it is actually cold here, I take advantage by clothing myself in all the cold weather favourites. Tall boots, scarf, jacket. And if it's really cold- mitts.

Perhaps I appreciate the cold so much because what we have here is warm humidity almost all the time. And the grass is always greener....

So, I indulge in another cup of coffee/tea as I sit at home with my glass door open and my crochet booties warming my feet. I curl up with a blanket that I crocheted and read a good book. No A/C running, just the chilly air coming in and the outside sounds of quiet, or chirping birds, or maybe someone's heat?

Strange as it may sound, I was made for the colder air. If given a choice I would rather be cold than hot. The heat makes me feel ill. Being cold makes me add layers, or go on a walk, or drink something hot.
Easy peasy.

So what am I doing tonight? Thinking about the cold air that is traveling south to greet me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment