10 December 2012

Christmas Music

  This weekend I went to two Christmas orchestra concerts! I really love this time of year because there are more opportunities for live music, which I love, and don't get enough of. On Saturday, my Mom and I got dressed up and went to The Singing Christmas Tree in Sarasota, which is a musical event at the downtown Baptist Church with orchestra, a choir who sits in the gigantic tree on stage, and some actors who plays out a Christmas story. We sat in the balcony with a bird's eye view. It was a good show, with some entertaining parts. The pastor was a hoot.

Then Sunday afternoon my church back in Lakeland had their annual Christmas concert with their full orchestra, several choirs (including an a capella choir that is spectacular), and bells. My brother and sister-in-law came with me, and we sat in the balcony. I am constantly amazed at the musical talent my church has. It is really incredible. There is something about live music (especially such amazing talent) that is so engaging. I get lost in the music. The harmonization of instruments or voices is the best part to me. The Bible has countless passages about praising God with voice and song and instrument, and I imagine that the beautiful music we experience here is only a tiny taste of the heavenly songs that are to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment