21 January 2013

A Little Older...

...A little wiser? Isn't that how it is supposed to be when you get older?
Perhaps in my increasing age (haha) I muse too much, or maybe I will muse more now that I am a year older. I am thinking the latter to be the case here. Wait. What am I thinking? I have always mused. You should see my shelves of journals....it's ingrained in me.

My birthday was yesterday and I celebrated with my Mum in Venice. We shopped, watched Pride and Prejudice (the 90s BBC version, which is the best, of course) and several episodes of Gilmore Girls, and ate my favourite dessert- black tie mousse cake. I got this lovely necklace from her. And I got this cozy, caramel sweater from my brother Jason. Then I had dinner with my brother and sister-in-law when I got back into town and received some gifts from them (books, Eisley CD, and another lovely necklace). I feel warm and fuzzy inside from all the love.

So much is going on this week, and it is all good. My online Oxford University class starts today (click here for more information on that) and I fly to NYC this Thursday! I am so excited to be entering the cold and the city. To spend time with some friends and see some amazing sites. I've got the list of things I want to do. I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment