22 January 2013

Oxford Studies

Studies ahead.
Oxford studies.


I am just starting my Oxford class online and I am excited and kind of nervous in a good way. Like the first day of school when you don't know anyone and you know it will be a challenge, but that's what you love because that is when you learn a lot and pay close attention and take good notes and say hello to everyone to be friendly. You sit up straight in those uncomfortable hard desk chairs and pull out that fresh notebook with your hand poised over the page eager to start off right by taking exceptional notes, and you show up early to class because being late immediately draws attention to you as a slacker, and you listen to every word of the professor because he/she is so full of knowledge, and then you read ahead that first night because you want to stay on track.

Perhaps it is futile to mention the run-on sentences that go on and on (you have probably noticed), which I tend to do on occasion, mostly when I am excited about something. I forgo the punctuation (other than the friendly comma) and let the words just flow out of my mind without restraint. I guess those tiny periods and semi-colons need a place to go sometimes. They are feeling neglected. So I will try; I will include those little punctuations that feel left out.

Watch out for streaming sentences!!

No comments:

Post a Comment