01 January 2013

Hallo New Year

O how strange it is to enter into a new number! 2013. And to say goodbye to an old year. But here is where we enter into my favourite month- January. It's usually the coldest month in Florida, which is much to my delight. It's my birthday month, so I get to celebrate and enjoy the company of family and friends. And it's a hopeful new beginning as we start a new year. January may be dreary to some, as that post-holiday attitude settles in, but I love January.

Do you have goals for 2013? I do. Mostly to do with following my passions and how I might be able to do that. I have my online class with the University of Oxford to look forward to, which starts in January. And a trip to NYC at the end of the month! Lots of good things going on in this first month of 2013.

It's time to start a new journal. So, here I go.....

Sometimes we are glad to be at the end of something, like 2012, for many reasons. Or maybe we are sad to see what we consider a good year go. No matter what, each year will bring us into good things along with various trials. And no matter what, as the following words by C.S. Lewis remind me, we were not made for this world, so it will never fully complete us or make us new. And it is indeed a comfort to know that when we come to steps that make us stumble.

At present we are on the outside world, the wrong side of the door. We discern the freshness and purity of morning, but they do not make us fresh and pure. We cannot mingle with the splendours we see. But all the leaves of the New Testament are rustling with the rumour that it will not always be so. Some day, God willing, we shall get in.
-The Weight of Glory, C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment