06 March 2013

New Things

 I am going to be moving in about a month. To a little garage apartment built in 1950 and has charm that won me over pretty quickly. I brought my brother and sister-in-law over there to see it, and they approve of the place. I am really excited! It's located so close to downtown and the two prettiest lakes in town. It has pine floors and lovely little details like glass doorknobs and chair rails around some walls. I will be saving a lot of money moving here, and my friend Emily lives next door! 
I bought some pretty flowers. I really wanted to find some fresh cut flowers, but cannot seem to find any in this town, without spending a fortune. I just want some flowers from someone's garden that were cut that morning. Is that too much to ask? Maybe so. Anyway, I bought this little potted succulent from my church bookstore. They had several left from Valentine's and I gave in to their pretty rose-like petals and the promise that they are a hearty plant. I have no green thumb, so that will be put to the test.

My book bag from NYC is getting used with all my Brontë related books and notebook for class. I tote this around to work or if I am going to hang out somewhere, so I can work on my class if time permits. The symbol on the bag is the Chinese character for "book", though Zoë told me there is another character that goes with this one to actually mean "book", but then it wouldn't spell S-T-R-A-N-D, and I suppose that is the point. It is still cool, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment