07 March 2013

Show Mercy

C.S. Lewis' words always have a way of clarifying life for me, and I constantly hear his words in my head as I approach the myriad of life's circumstances.

When I think about the grace and forgiveness that has fallen upon me, I am so thankful, because I look at my life and see so many things that I did not do well. So many times I have faltered and not trusted. And worst of all, not loved.

I need to show more mercy. More love.

Sometimes circumstances make me cold toward others. I distance myself in order to stay out of drama. I don't do drama. But sometimes that means I come across as cold and indifferent. At every opportunity, mercy should pour out of me. Why should I ever hold back when my Lord has never held back on me? His mercy covers all of my shortcomings. His love covers all my sin.

Bitterness and anger are not becoming attitudes. They make you old and sullen. Mercy, grace, and gentleness makes your whole countenance glow with God's love. Sometimes I find myself going around full circle and ending at mercy which is how to get back home the long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment