27 March 2013

Snow Day


My snow dream came true!!
Sunday night the snow started as I was going to bed. I peaked out my hotel window and saw a light layer of snow. I was giddy like a little kid.
Then at 4:30 AM I woke up by some noise out in the parking lot. I rose and peaked out the window to see the plow man (Mr. Plowman?) clearing the parking lot. There was enough snow for all the schools to cancel classes. I think it was about 3-4 inches, which is nothing to the locals here.

Gladly, my fellow trainee said she would drive to the office for training, because I have never driven in the snow! And we were in a little snow storm! I loved every minute of it. The big, fat flakes falling softly. The fluffy snow layering everything in sight. The trees, the buildings, the ground, the signs. Walking through the freshly fallen snow into the office building and out for lunch.

At the office (pictured above), we worked in the conference room, which has a big window so I could gaze out at the snow falling all day. I confess, I would have much rather curled up with a book by the window to watch the snow fall, but at least I could watch it as I trained.

I am easily satisfied with little things that God does. Gifts from Him. He knows how much I love snow and wanted to be in it. I am so thankful for being able to see snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment